Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What's New??

I am pleased to announce that I was accepted into Urban Bush Women's Summer Leadership Institute!!!! Exciting.

Chinyere and I are doing multiple fundraisers to assist us in travel expenses and childcare. Our goal is $1000.00. I know that seems like a lot, but I think we can do it. Here is how you can help:

1. enter our button design contest. the winner will recieve an awesome button collection.

2. enter our collage contest. the winner will get an awesome collage collection. (great for folks who like to decorate their home with original artwork.

3. come to gya for our farewell bash on july 15th (next friday from 7:30-10pm) $10 at the door.

4. donate using the paypal button on our blog: yeyoarts.blogspot.com

::::

Other great things that are going on in my world is:

1. the studio is almost back to artmaking conditions.

2. i now have my jewelry and buttons sold at Peridot!

3. i now have my jewelry and buttons sold at Flowers for the People (a cool florist on cherokee)

4. i am looking forward to presenting the Bread & Roses program at the national Jobs With Justice Conference with my collaborators Joan and Brett

and...

5. I am making some great signage for a wonderful new school: Jamaa Learning Center!

with all of that it has been a great summer! I am looking forward to what will happen next...

No comments: